Foundation requirements for artificial turf paving
There are two types of foundations commonly used for artificial turf sites: asphalt, concrete and gravel, the type to be used is mainly determined by the local climate and budget. Asphalt foundations: particularly suitable for northern climates with large temperature differences and low winter temperatures, but also because it is expensive and not the most suitable type of foundation for warm and humid environments. Gravel foundations are more common in the south because of their ease of construction, low cost and rapid drainage, but because of their poor stability, they are prone to loosening after long periods of use, resulting in uneven foundations; therefore. In most areas of the country, concrete foundations have become an economical and very cost effective type of artificial turf foundation.
I. Concrete foundation
1. flatness of the ground: flatness pass rate above 95%, 5m straightedge error 3mm.
2. Slope of the ground: 3‰-4‰ for the central site, tortoise back drainage design. Curve 8‰, straight 5‰, semi-circular area 5‰, the surface should be flat, smooth and ensure drainage.
3. Strength and stability of the ground.
The surface is even and solid, no cracks, no rotten edges, straight and smooth joints, cut blocks of size 6000mm x 6000mm. The bedding layer is compacted, the degree of compactness is more than 95%, and there are no significant wheel tracks, loose floating soil, waves and other phenomena after the medium-sized mill has been pressed.
4. Ground water barrier: use new PVC thickened water barrier film, the lap should be more than 200mm, the edge margin is more than 150mm.
5. Maintenance period of the ground: the basic maintenance period is 21 days.
6. Positioning of the ground: for accurate construction and line drawing needs, the lines of the site should be marked out with firm and distinctive markers.
II. Asphalt foundation
1. Ground flatness: the foundation should have a certain strength and stability, the foundation cannot product cracks and uneven frost swelling caused by freezing, the flatness pass rate is above 95%, 3m straightedge error 3mm.
2. Ground slope: horizontal <1%, vertical <1‰, jump height area <4‰, the surface should be flat and smooth to ensure drainage.
3. Ground strength and stability.
The asphalt base should preferably be made of wax-free, or wax-limited asphalt material, and its asphalt mixture must be fully compacted. The surface is even and solid, flat and without cracks, no rotten edges piled up, no pockmarked surface, smooth joints. Asphalt concrete surface gravel diameter of 2-5mm, containing 5.8-6.4% oil, joint layer gravel diameter of 6-9mm, containing 4.6-5.8%, no soft, no loose floating soil, waves and other phenomena.
4. Ground drainage: The drainage system must discharge water two hours after heavy rain.
5. Ground maintenance period: 28 days for basic maintenance.